photo IMG_1943.jpg
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 20, 2013

When Umi feels like cooking!

Oh yes! An apt title indeed! Haha! Seriously, being a working mother...the days can be tiring. Hence, I seldom cook especially on weekdays...leaving only the weekends for me to try the recipes I collated frm watching too much of Food Network Asia! Lol!
After all the fun with puff pastry...decided to move on to the other recipes. And since I did some groceries shopping with the husbern earlier today...thus my mind was flashing all the recipes & my hands were grabbing all the stuffs of the racks & shelves...scary huh? Hehehe!
Ok...so the first on the menu was Egg Benedict. Have heard & have seen egg benedicts but I hv nvr tasted one...like seriously. But frm the pics I hv seen...the dish looks appealing. And frm watching the vid frm Sortedfood...it looked sooooo easy! But...reality is...it isnt!
I made some adjustments though...didnt know we hv ran out of ham slices so I didnt grab those during the shopping. But there are beef patties...so used that instead. Spreaded some garlic spread on the wholemeal bread loaf slices & toasted them. Then I baked the beef patties so that my hands will be free to make the hollandaise sauce.
My first attempt at the hollandaise sauce was a flop. The butter cluttered together...aint a smooth sauce like it is supposed to be. Give up? Nope...I tried again. This time I reduced the heat & continuously whisked the eggs + butter + a bit of lemon juice + salt + pepper...and successfully achieved the smooth texture of the hollandaise sauce!
Next was the poached eggs...goodness! I didnt realised it was gonna be tough! My 1st & 2nd tries were smashed with splattered whites...disappointed. But still...I was almost there...so I tried again. This time I used a ladle...to keep the shape of the egg...and alhamdullilah...successful! ;))
And finally the plating...toasted bread - spinach - beef patty - poached egg - hollandaise sauce....yummilicious! *thumbs up*



As mentioned...the mind + head + hands couldnt keep still for today! Lol! As there's rice...thought of trying the Stuffed Pepperz....which I also got the recipe frm Sortedfood...nyehehehe! 
This one is less tedious but awesomely yummilicious. Sauteed onions + garlic + chillies + ground beef + salt + peppet....mixed this up with steam rice...so that's the filling. 
Then the pepperz or capsicums...cut them into 2 and empty the seeds. Splashed some olive oil and bake the pepperz for 10 mins. After that...fill the pepperz with the rice mix & top them with shredded mozarrella....bake for another 5 mins....tadaa! 
Awesome dishes...best served hot! Can't wait to try more recipes....so weekends come quick! ;))

No comments: