photo IMG_1943.jpg
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 29, 2016

Redha

Redha. A movie about autism. Autism awareness, Accepting autism.
It is only being exclusively shown in SG. Hence the tix is more expensive. Nevertheless, part of the cost of the tix will be donated to Autism Association Singapore.
Nope. We didn't purchase the tix coz it is expensive & to buy more than one would mean spending quite a bit.
After thinking rationally, we decided not to watch it on the big screen. We will wait for a bit before it will be available online or even in DVD.
Alhamdulillah...alhamdulillah...alhamdulillah, I got to watch it on the big screen!
In fact I'd just watch it earlier at 6.20pm & I can't wait to blog about it.
Today was just a normal Friday for us until the craziness began at 5pm. Hehe!
Me & Mr Husbern were on our way to fetch Aqil from school. So, Mr Husbern was driving & I was on my mobile...browsing my social media.
It was then that I saw a post by one of SG's blogger, Diah Mastura. Yes, I am very grateful to her for choosing to give me the tix.
She posted at abt 5pm abt 3 tix to watch Redha today at 6pm. It was a giveaway coz the person couldn't make it last minute.
I immediately responded to her post. She replied to confirm with me as it was for 6pm show & then it was 5.05pm.
After receiving her reply, I was quite hesitant coz I was worried we couldn't make it in time as we have to fetch Aqil first. But 3 tix were not enough for us & Mr Husbern is working tonight.
However, Mr Husbern persuaded me to go for it since the tix were free.
So I quickly called my lil sis for company coz Mr Husbern had to work tonight & the kids are at home.
Lil sis immediately said yes coz we were all waiting to watch this movie actually but too bad its not shown at the cinemas.
Then I went back to the post to send a reply however the post was gone! Yup, it was deleted.
For a moment I thought that's it. The tix must have been given to someone else.
Just then I received an email notification & TADAAAA!!!!!
I RECEIVED THE TIX IN MY INBOX! WOOHOO!
I was all excited! Called my sis again to arrange meeting with her at the venue. We fetched Aqil & Mr Husbern sent me to the venue. By the time we fetched Aqil, it was 5.35pm.
I sent a screen capture of the tix to sis so that she could go in first if she reached there first.
And thanks to the traffic of coz, I was delayed. Reached there at 6.20pm.
Nevertheless, we enjoyed the movie. It was touching.
The movie focussed more on children with autism.
I love how these special kids are said as 'children from heaven'.
It also bite as some of the reality of being autism parents were also surfaced.
How people will be starring & glaring at our child.
How people look at a child having a meltdown in public.
But I kinda like the ending whereby the message sent was totally beautiful.
When we are talking about children with special needs...it is nothing about winning nor scoring.
It is about persevering to encourage & motivate the child so that he/she can finish the journey that was started...albeit much slower than others.

Don't give up on them from the start.
Don't give up on them when they are struggling.
Don't give up on them when they feel like giving up.

They didn't ask to be born that way....

Stay  with them...be with them...all the way...insyaAllah....the sweetness will be beyond description.

Alhamdulillah....thank you Ya Rabb!


No comments: