photo IMG_1943.jpg
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Autism is not a disability...it is a different kind of ability

My trio have grown up indeed. Ariq & Arisya have been making random calls to us when we are at work. Yup...really random such as "Hello Umi..what are you doing?", "Umi...what time are you coming back?". Such calls last only a few minutes but the warmth & love felt can last for even days! ;))
And Aqil...he's not able to make calls by himself but this boy...is one genius gift. He gets the others to make the calls for him! Hehehe!
Not sure if he's actually observed his siblings and copied them or it just came from him. But with Aqil doing that...it shows that he's no different from Ariq & Arisya. ;)))
However...there is something special abt Aqil's calls. Unlike Ariq's & Arisya's random calls...Aqil's is more transparent abt his feelings.
"I wanna love Mama!"..."Mama, I wanna watch TV." And the heart just melts...
Aqil has no qualms asking for tickles and squeezes and hugs from us..."Can you tickle me?". And he immeadiately apologises when he knew that he has made me sad or angry..."I am sorry Mama"..."I wanna love you".
Maybe it is the age difference...being older Ariq & Arisya are not so transparent abt their feelings. It maybe the condition that Aqil is with...him being himself...just doing and saying what he feels like to. ;))
How I really wish he doesn't have to grow up at times...worried abt him adapting to an adult's life. Ya Rabb...You know best...I seek Your guidance always...amin.

No comments: