photo IMG_1943.jpg
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Puff Pastry

Puff pastry...my new found love apart frm cakes? Hehehe...bought my first pack of puff pastry lasy weekend when I was looking for baking stuffs to make sista cum niece birthday cake. Thought of trying some of the recipes which I hv collated frm Sorted Food....egg cocotes.
Watched the vid & the easy recipe makes it one of the recipes I hv collated. And wow! It was yummilicious especially when eaten piping hot frm the oven! Trust me...coz this is my own review...awesome!
And as usual...when I get all the positive feedbacks & reviews frm my family...that motivates me to make & try out more things.
Hence my nxt attempt with puff pastry was yo make mini tuna puffs. This is cheating actually...I just used spicy chilli tuna flakes as the filling and again...it becomes a family fav! Hehe! But the husbern who didnt really prefer tuna suggested using different fillings. So when I came home to beef korma which MIL cooked...I made some beef korma puffs! Lol! Yup...believe me, that is cheating again! ;))
But the...what the heck...as long as the family love it! Nyehehe!


Well, all these puffs that I have tried are actually filling enuff as a meal...especially the egg cocotes. So I thought of trying something different with the puff pastry.
Thanks to Food Network Asia...I fell in love with baking? Cooking? Hehehe! Kelsey's Essentials featured a very easy to make apple & pear tart. And so that became my 'project' yesterday. But I made apple tartlets instead. Well, recipes are actually abt modifying...here & there to one's taste. Furthermore...quite a number of recipes featured used liquor...which can be omitted actually. 
And happiness again when the family love it...especially the kidz! As a mother...when the kidz eat well...especially what I make...a feeling of satisfaction is felt.


No comments: