photo IMG_1943.jpg
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 6, 2017

I have TeenAgers...& I ❤️ them so much!

My two teenage kids.

Yup, time flies...and I feel old! 😩

No more kissing...no more manja-manja.

Its not cool...to them. 🙄

As much as we are Asian family

Much more a Muslim family

We can't escape the Western influence

Special thanks to advanced technology these days.

I can't deny I feel intimidated when they started talking abt something that I am clueless about.

And when asked, they will go "Umi, you don't know ah..."😬

So now, got myself NetFlixed...finally.

Thanks to 13 Reasons. 

Ariq has been wanting to watch it.

And I was eventually influenced after hearing & reading abt it. 

Its M18.

Told Ariq not to watch it without me.

And this boy puts the same rule back on me. 😬

So that's the way to go...with teenage kids.

Those years when they are neither kids nor adults.

And growing up...entering adulthood

They want respect...especially.

It is no more abt telling them to do this and that.

It is abt talking with them...seeing different perspectives. 

Its about asking their help to do something...not just instructions.

So 'please' is mandatory. 😬

To me...personally, I felt that 13 Reasons is good.

Some scenes maybe  unacceptable to some.

Some may feel that it is unsuitable for under 18s.

But rather than to catch or find out that Ariq is watching it secretly...

I thought it'd be better to watch it with him.

Coz it being a quite talkabout series...there is no denying that Ariq is definitely tempted to watch it. 

And yesterday, he showed me Katherine Lanford's IG. 

So...yeah. 

And I don't regret it. 

In fact, we got to talk.

Abt sch life.

Abt BGR.

Abt families.

Et cetera. 

Personal topics.

Sensitive topics.

IMPORTANT topics.

which was made easier through watching 13 Reasons. 

Nope. 

I am not promoting the series. 

I am just sharing my experiences...as a parent with teenagers....in this case. 

Coz I am learning too...frm other parents...online. 

Local parents.

Asian parents.

Western parents.

Religious parents. 

Some may ask...why 13 Reasons.

Why not some other TV series.

True...there maybe others.

But I find it...real.

That is the real thing.

Happening in the real world. 

The world is vast...especially with internet. 

I won't be able to stop my kids frm exploring.

Especially in today's context.

So I wanna be with them...

When they are...

They can take any route in their studies...

But in life...I hope for no mistakes in their lives

And even I learnt something frm the series.

How some people maybe more fragile than others

How important it is to always think positive

How important it is to stay firm & strong

How everything is actually upon our shoulders

And the cruel truth that we can never blame anyone else 

But we can always make things better

Always think positive....always have faith

My way may not be the best way

My way may even be wrong

Just sharing abt it

Coz I take frm others...this is my giving back

Our experiences.....

Our learning.....

Nevertheless, humans plan...but everything is up to Him.

بإذن الله ❤️

 

No comments: