photo IMG_1943.jpg
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2015

It hurts but I just had to do it...

Wasn't really a good morning when I woke up this morning...ok, something is grammatically wrong with the sentence?
Haha! Nah...it really wasn't a good morning.
The plan today was to wash the kids'bedlinens...so I got them to take their bedlinens off after they have washed up...they refer to Ariq & Arisya of course. Then...I have yet to step into the living room.
As Ariq headed to the laundry room (service balcony) to put the bedlinens into the washing machine, I followed him from the back...coz I'd have to start the washer spinning ofcourse.
And as I walked past the living room...I'd scanned around. Yes...that's me...I'd naturally scan my eyes around the house to ensure everything is in place.
I was shocked when I looked up at the ceiling...there were pieces of tissue papers there! Yes! If you'd seen those in the public toilets...wet tissues planked onto the ceiling? Exactly like that!
My blood shot to above boiling point I guess!
"Ariq! Arisya!" I shouted...nevermind that the neighbours could actually hear me. I was fuming.
When asked...both of them denied. They actually denied...strong-heartedly...but no one else could have done it. Obviously not Aqil...he has never asked for tissues.
With anger overcoming my mind, I reached for a hanger & spanked them....and they still refused to own up.
Aqil started screaming & covering his ears when I did that.
"Don't hit my sister! Don't hit my brother!"
Yes...that slashed through my heart. I didn't wanna resort to hitting...but they actually refused to own up.
I paused. Everything went silent except for Ariq's & Arisya's sobbings. The phone rang but no one answered...coz I didn't & they were scared to answer.

I tried to clear my thoughts...I just knew one of them did it but I can't pinpoint who...coz it didn't happen before.
Aqil was walking around the living room...still with his hands covering his ears.
"Aqil...its ok. Put down your hands. Mama don't shout anymore"
"What?" he said.
"Put down your hands...Mama stop shouting ok..." and he did.

My goodness. There I was causing 'hurt' to all three of them.
It hurts but I had to do it. Those tissues on the ceiling....thats totally wrong! Its the first time & will not be another time.

With the older two refusing to own up...I randomly asked Aqil..."Aqil...who did that?" I pointed to the ceiling...and Aqil actually looked at where I was pointing!
"Who did that? Kakak or Abang?"
"Kakak" he answered almost spontaneously.
I looked at Arisya & turned to Aqil again...repeating the question.
"Kakak" and this time he pointed to her.

There it was.
I looked at Arisya and she started crying louder before I even said anything.
"Why? Why didn't own up?"
She didn't answer...instead she just cried louder.
I don't know why but I didn't spank or scold her...I told her to take the broom & get the tissues off the ceiling.

Everything was tensed then...until now. Yes, until now as I am blogging abt it. All three are in the bedroom with me...

I talked to Arisya & asked her why...she just said she didn't know.
Lying is not uncommon...it is wrong but it is natural...with circumstances.
I am still trying to understand why she refused to own up. But as I think abt it, Ariq obviously didn't lie, even though Arisya didn't own up...she didn't accuse Ariq nor did Ariq accuse Arisya. Both of them just kept saying they didn't do it even after being spanked.

And I am actually very pleased with that. I was able to see Ariq being firm that he didn't do it & Arisya might have refused to own up coz she was scared...scared that she would get more spankings? As long as she didn't own up...Ariq was there facing the scoldings with her?
I don't know actually. But I have told her what she did was wrong. The tissues was wrong...not owning up was wrong...getting Ariq to be spanked coz she didn't own up was wrong.
She just cried and cried then.

I learnt a lot from this.
I learnt more abt my AriqArisyAqil...something abt them individually.
Ya Rabb...I seek your guidance as always...

No comments: